DAILY MINING RATES FOR 2016:
Children (5 through 13 years old): $10.00
Children (4 years or less): free
3lb crack hammer $2
sifting kit $2
Chisel (adults only) $3
AFFORDABLE CAMPING RATES FOR 2016:
$27 per night for primitive site (no water or electric hookups)
$35 per night for water/electric site, for RV or tent
$75 per night for 4-person cabin
$100 per night for 6-person cabin
The base rates above apply to 4 people (6 in the 6-person cabin) and one camping unit on the site. Extra people cost extra–for campsites, there is an additional charge of $6 per person per night for 1-3 additional people. Once you’re up to 4 additional people, we require the rental of an additional site. (You may arrange yourselves on the sites as you like, for example all the people on one site and vehicles on the other, etc. ) No more than one extra person is allowed in a cabin, at an additional charge of $9. A camping unit is one RV, one cabin, or 2 tents on a site; if you want an additional camping unit, eg a tent next to your RV, you must get our permission. There are issues with water and electrical lines, and there may be an additional charge of $10 per night. (It may turn out to be cheaper to pay for an additional site rather than extra people and camping units.)
Check-in is any time after 2 pm. Go to the office regardless of when you arrive. Check-out is no later than noon.
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
Camping reservations may be made up to one year in advance of arrival but, except for cabin rentals and holiday weekends, are generally not necessary until about two weeks ahead. Reservations are not needed for digging, unless you have a group.
If you wish to make a reservation, the following policies apply:
a deposit of one night is required to guarantee a reservation, or two nights for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day holiday weekends. Deposits may be made by credit card, money order, or personal check. If paying by money order or check, the site will be held for one week from the time you make your reservation, to allow the payment to clear. The cancellation fee for non-holidays is one night; instead of cancelling, you may reschedule your visit, and the deposit will be applied to the new date. Holiday reservations are non-refundable and non-reschedulable.
- a group is at least 15 people
- one person makes all the arrangements
- if your group does not make a digging reservation, it will not receive a group rate
- a deposit is required for group camping before a reservation can be confirmed
Crystal Grove welcomes quiet, well-behaved pets. To avoid a pet charge or breed restrictions, please observe the following —
- noisy or antisocial pets are not welcome.
- pets must be on leash and under control at all times.
- clean up pet wastes immediately.
- no digging holes in campground
- please remove all pet hair from the cabin before departure.
- if your pet is accustomed to being on the furniture, please bring a blanket for the cabin bed.
- you are financially responsible for all damage caused by your pet.
- certain sites are off-limits to dogs; please let us know when you make your reservation that you are bringing a dog (there will be a fee for unregistered dogs).
- you will be asked to board your pet in an area kennel if these policies are not respected.
- Everyone, including latecomers and visitors, must check in at the office before entering the campground (even if the office is closed). Car passes will be available for expected late arrivals.
- Mining is not included with camping; it is a separate fee, by the day.
- Do not enter the mines unless you are wearing the correct armband.
- No mining activities are allowed in the campground or stream.
- Please clean up your unwanted rocks—do not leave them lying around.
- Because of invasive insects, it is against NYS law to transport undocumented wood. For more information, click here. You may not collect your own firewood. Firewood and firestarters are available for purchase at the camp store.
- Please do not move fire rings.
- There is a visitor fee of $2 per person (6 yrs and up). Mining is not included.
- Visitors must stop at the office to sign in and get a car pass.
- All visitors must leave by 10 pm.
- Please leave the campsite and bathhouses at least as nice as you found them. If you take a picnic table off another site, put it back.
- Check-out is at noon.
- Quiet hours are 10 pm to 8 am. No music after 10 pm, no drums after 8 pm.
- Cans and bottles (deposit or not) go into the recycling bins; everything else is trash.
- Firearms and fireworks are strictly prohibited.
Parents are responsible for the safety and actions of their children at all times.